[Interactive Story] The Beyond Project: The Apparent Truth.

Are you a writer or a poet? Come and share your creations with us, or discuss writing techniques with others
Forum rules
Please only post your own original work, do not post poetry or stories which were written by someone else.

What kind of person should our not so heroic protagonist run into?

An innocent young adventurer of only 10 who ran away from home in search of her unknown father.
17%
An odd foreigner lost in the marsh who at times is just as lost as Derek is.
17%
A wild-raised thief whose morals often tamper with his "occupation"
17%
A young woman guiding a man through the marsh. both seem normal, but that is far from the case.
17%
A pyro-technician-or maniac- wandering through the marsh hoping to set off some fireworks for no real reason.
33%

Total votes : 6

[Interactive Story] The Beyond Project: The Apparent Truth.

Postby Myota » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:03 pm

Here's the deal- I like writing. I have characters and setting. what I don't have is plot. how to fix this problem? let others make the plot for me! this is a first for me, so hopefully it turns out alright. I'll set up a poll letting people much like you select what should happen next. yay intro over okay now to the story whoo.

Here I am, wandering about aimlessly in some marsh down the road from my house. Heck, it’s not even my house; I still live with my parents even though I’m 23. That’s probably because I can’t keep a job for longer than, what, five months? I Worked at the Convenience store down the street for a while…then I worked at the Pizza Cottage…I've gotten fired from every single one of my jobs usually through some idiotic or clumsy accident. I even got fired from my recent job at the Grocery Corner! This leads me back to this stupid marsh. As soon as I got the news from my boss I walked here, which in all actuality was not a good idea since it rained just two days ago. The ground was basically quick sand but mud, So…quick mud .Whatever, the point is if you step at the wrong place you’ll; sink right into the black mud completely soaking your pant legs. Or in my case my actual legs since I’m wearing shorts, more specifically the kind with all sorts of pockets and such. So my legs are currently covered in black mud that will probably end up staining my shirt. Oh yeah, I also tripped over a root or a rock or something, so this black gooey wet ooze is all over my green Chinese styled shirt. This was my favorite shirt too… so now my plan was to poke the ground with this big stick I found along the way. So far it’s done a decent job, which left me to ponder my situation again. In all honesty I preferred dealing with the mud rather than my future…at least the mud didn't induce so much stress and the feeling of uselessness. All my life I've been mediocre. I rarely got higher than a “c” in school and in math my average was a “D” or below. Sure I aced any reading classes with flying colors, but that’s because they’re easy…and I maybe sort of kind of cheated in most of those classes… I can’t play an instrument, I can’t sing, I can’t act, I can’t draw…I’m obviously not too smart or interesting…the only real skills I have are saying tongue twisters really fast and finding or making trouble. Seriously, Murphy from Murphy’s Law must follow me around or something because almost everything I try ends up horribly wrong. That would definitely explain why I keep getting fired. Suddenly my foot sank in the mud completely soaking my shoes again. As soon as I noticed this I tried to escape from the grasp of the Quick Mud, but in my struggle I just fell backwards into more black sludge. Thoroughly defeated my inanimate objects once again I simply laid there in the cold. “I’m Hopeless…” I mutter staring up into the sky. That’s just the way I am, it seems, a useless idiot who can’t even walk straight. People keep assuring me that I have some kind of talent, and that I can still be successful in life if I try hard enough… but I no longer believe in those natural-to-tell lies. I just accept that I won’t be able to achieve much and live my life uneventfully. In my sad position in the mud I noted that the sky looked rather nice with nary a cloud in sight. At least I could appreciate nature...even when just moments ago it stained my favorite shirt.
    ImageImage
    ImageImage

HARUKA
    KONOHA
    KOKONOSE

TAKANE
    ENE
    ENEMOTO

signature made by Myota
edited by hotaru. ( ̄m ̄〃)

Myota

My pets